People’s Choice Book Awards
The Library of Virginia has announced 14 finalists for the 19th Annual People’s Choice Awards. The finalists represent the most-requested fiction and nonfiction titles by Virginia authors, or about the commonwealth, published in 2021. Winners will be announced at the 25th Annual Literary Awards Celebration on October 15, 2022.
The general public is invited to select the winners. Voting began on July 15 and runs through August 31, 2022. Individuals can vote online at the Library of Virginia’s website.
This year’s fiction finalists for the People’s Choice Awards are:
- Razorblade Tears: A Novel S.A. Cosby
- Yellow Wife: A Novel Sadeqa Johnson
- My Monticello: Fiction Jocelyn Nicole Johnson
- Rhapsody: A Novel Mitchell James Kaplan
- The Mother Next Door Tara Laskowski
- The Matzah Ball Jean Meltzer
This year’s nonfiction finalists for the People’s Choice Awards are:
- The Words That Made Us Akhil Reed Amar
- Poe for Your Problems: Uncommon Advice from History’s Least Likely Self-Help Guru Catherine Baab-Muguira
- Going There Katie Couric
- The Girls Who Stepped Out of Line: Untold Stories of the Women Who Changed the Course of World War II Mari K. Eder
- Liberty is Sweet: The Hidden History of the American Revolution Woody Holton
- Travels with George: In Search of Washington and His Legacy Nathaniel Philbrick
- The Ledger and the Chain: How Domestic Slave Traders Shaped America Joshua D. Rothman
In addition to the award and distinguished recognition, winners in each category receive a monetary prize of $2,500.