The Smyth County Public Library offers two meeting rooms at the Marion Main Library that may be booked for use by community organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities. The branches do not have meeting rooms.
The Copenhaver Meeting Room is the larger of the two rooms and is located inside the library. Groups of up to 75 people may make use of the audio-visual equipment available in this room (projector, screen, large monitor, podium with microphone, speakers, etc.).
The smaller space is the Miller Law Office which is a separate small building located behind the library which can accommodate 6 to 8 people. There is no equipment or restroom facility located in this space.
- The rooms may only be used during the library’s hours of operation.
- Reservations may be made up to 3 months in advance.
- Provision of food or drink must be approved in advance.
- No fees may be charged, and no products may be sold.
- Library sponsored programming takes precedence over outside groups if there is a time conflict.
- Availability of either room cannot be guaranteed in the case of inclement weather.
Reservations may be made by completing an online form (click on button below) or by calling 276-783-2323 ex. 235. All requests must be accompanied by a completed meeting room use form.